A little background
R-Ladies East Lansing welcomes R-enthusiasts of all proficiency levels, including aspiring and experienced R programmers, who are interested in mentoring, networking & expertise upskilling. This non-profit, civil society community is designed to develop members’ R skills & knowledge through social, collaborative learning & sharing. Supporting minority identity access to STEM skills & careers, the Free Software Movement, and contributing to the global R community!
Anyone and everyone interested in R/Data Science should join the group. We encourage members to actively participate, contributing as learners, teachers, developers or innovators! We encourage women and minority genders to present/lead most sessions, conversations but we have no restrictions whatsoever about who can participate in membership, discussions and other activities. Please join us and bring your R-family & R-friends!
2019: What’s next?
- Intro to Statistics w/ R (Spring; workshop series)
- Intro to RMarkdown (Summer)
- Intro to Shiny (Summer)
- Intro to Version Control (Git) w/ R (Summer)
Register & RSVP on Meetup: https://meetup.com/rladies-eastlansing
Would you like to team-lead a workshop? Contact us if you’d to present for 5–10 min slots within the workshop or longer if desired.
Join the channels on Slack: #workshop-rstats #workshop-shiny #workshop-rmarkdown OR Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Introduce a Girl to Engineering (2019-02-16)
Register for R-Ladies East Lansing’s activity booth: http://meetu.ps/e/Gfntz/yBMBS/f
MSU Women in Engg. outreach: http://bit.ly/msu-wie-k12-outreach
Women in Data Science Conference (2019-04)
R-Ladies East Lansing Bookclub
- R for Data Science
- Learning Statistics with R
- R programming for Data Science
- Hands-On Programming with R
- Algorithms to Live by
- Weapons of Math Destruction
Blog posts & Articles incl.
- Excuse me, do you have a moment to talk about version control?
- Good enough practices in Scientific Computing
- Happy Git w/ R
You & R-Ladies East Lansing
- Join the R-Ladies Community on Slack (https://bit.ly/rlel-slack-signup)
- Lead (or team-lead) presentations/discussions in a meetup
- Help run the meetup(s) (help R-newbies, help pick up pizza)
- Contribute to Blog Entries, Webpage (https://rladies-eastlansing.github.io)
- Be a Social Butterfly (Twitter | Facebook | Courier pigeon?)
- Sponsor a meeting (OR help find us monthly meeting sponsors; <$75)
- Bring in a speaker and/or Bring in fellow R-users!
Suggest a topic & bring in volunteers from the 200+ Meetup/Slack R-Ladies!
Getting Involved @ R-Ladies: https://rladies.org/about-us/help/
How to be in touch?
- R-Ladies Global
Co-organizers: Kayla Johnson, Arjun Krishnan (~ Krishnan Lab)
PS Community Policies & Code of Conduct:
Full community guidelines are found here: https://github.com/rladies/starter-kit/wiki